Step 1: Complete Digital Pre-registration Online
- This takes you to the to the FBI Departmental Order registration page of our partner, Accurate Biometrics.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your zip code to find out where the nearest live scan Fingerprint Service Registration Station is.
- Choose your most convenient local fingerprinting location.
- Provide name, address, reason for the FBI Departmental Order and preferred Criminal History Report delivery method.
- Enter payment.
- You will receive an email with digital registration or QR code.
Step 2: Go to the Nearest Live Scan Registration Station
- Go to the local live scan location you selected and bring your registration or QR code.
- Click the Accurate Biometrics logo at the kiosk.
- Scan the QR code or enter your registration code.
- Follow instructions to get live scan fingerprinted.
Step 3: Receive Criminal History Report
- Accurate Biometrics will send you a confirmation email stating they have received your FBI Criminal History Report information.
- Your FBI Criminal History Report will be delivered via email or mail.
What Is Live Scan Fingerprinting?
Live scan fingerprinting is the process of capturing fingerprints electronically with an advanced live scan machine. With live scan fingerprinting, there is no ink or card. Fingerprints are “rolled” across a glass plate and electronically scanned. It is faster, cleaner and more accurate than the old ink and roll method of fingerprint cards.
A percentage of the population have difficult to read fingerprints, which can be affected by age or exposure to certain types of work such as construction or from prolonged exposure to various chemicals. Live scan fingerprinting maximizes the quality of fingerprint images obtained, which reduces the likelihood of illegible fingerprints and will reduce the overall application processing time. The fingerprints are then submitted to the specific state or federal agency where they are processed.
Get live scan fingerprinted today with SureID's nationwide network!