Step 1: Register Online
- Visit https://portal.accuratebiometrics.com to register
- Select how you want to receive your departmental order
- Enter your zip code to find the nearest UPS store with a SureID Registration station
- Provide the required information and submit your registration and payment
- Review the email sent to you for next steps
Step 2: Go to a Live Scan Registration Station Near You
- Go to the UPS store you selected with your registration information and locate the SureID Registration Station
- Click Tap to Begin on the screen
- Scan the QR code and verify your information
- Show a photo ID to the technician to prove your identity
- Let the technician assist you in obtaining your fingerprints
- Verify your email and submit your fingerprints
Step 3: Receive Criminal History Report
- Accurate Biometrics will email you when your FBI Criminal History Report is available
- Your FBI Criminal History Report will be delivered in the manner you chose during registration
What Is Live Scan Fingerprinting?
Live scan fingerprinting is the process of capturing fingerprints electronically. With live scan fingerprinting, there is no ink or card. Fingerprints are rolled across a glass plate and electronically scanned. It is faster, cleaner and more accurate than the old ink and roll method of fingerprint cards.
A percentage of the population have difficult to read fingerprints, which can be affected by age or exposure to certain types of work such as construction or from prolonged exposure to various chemicals. Live scan fingerprinting maximizes the quality of fingerprint images, which reduces the likelihood of illegible fingerprints and the overall application processing time. The fingerprints are then submitted to the specific state or federal agency where they are processed.
Get live scan fingerprinted today with SureID's nationwide network!